Mercia will be competing as a region in its own right for the first time at this year’s EPA Regional Championships and entries are invited from teams that would like to qualify and represent Mercia Petanque Association at the Hayling Island finals.
Mercia will be placed in the second division for both the championship and challenge competitions for 2016 and will be holding qualifying events to select the twelve teams that will represent the Mercia Petanque Association at the Hayling Island finals in September. The top eight teams will represent Mercia in the championship competition, whilst the next four teams below them will play in the challenge competition. The main competition takes place over the weekend of the 10th/11th September.
The Mercia regional heats will take place as follows:
- Qualifier 1 – Sunday, 20th March at Mansfield Petanque Club
- Qualifier 2 – Sunday, 17th April at Nottingham City PC
- Qualifier 3 – Sunday, 12th June at The Arena, Worksop
The entry documents for these qualifiers are available from the Regional Secretary, Peter Seyfang.
Thank you for your interest and we hope that you all realise your ambition to represent the Mercia region at this year’s Hayling Island finals.
- The third qualifier at The Arena, Worksop will feature the final matches of the qualifiers plus the Mercia Shooting Championship. (The winner and runner-up of the Regional Shooting Championship will represent Mercia at the EPA Champion of Champions Shooting Final that will also be held at Hayling Island).
- Entry to the Mercia regional qualifiers closes on Monday 6th March.