Members may enter all regional, national and international competitions.
Mercia hosts two leagues that are unique to the Mercia region, the Sherwood Shield and the Winter league, please see the individual links below for more details on these leagues.
The top eight teams will go to the Championships, the next four below them will be entered in the Challenge competition.
- Qualifier 1 – 19th March 2017 – Mansfield PC
- Qualifier 2 – 23rd April 2017 – Chesterfield PC
- Qualifier 3 – 11th June 2017 – Nottingham City PC
- EPA Inter-Regional Championships – 16th & 17th September – Hayling Island (Download EPA Rules 2016)
Regional Triples, Doubles and Shooting (Champion of Champions)
Three titles are up for grabs at the Champion of Champions finals that take place in September and October. To book a place at the finals, you need to be the winner or the runner-up in the three regional events that decide who will represent the region.
- Regional Doubles – 21st May 2017 – Rainworth PC
- Regional Triples – 23rd July 2017 – Rainworth PC
- Regional Shooting – 9th July 2017 – Mansfield PC
- EPA Champion of Champions Shooting Final – 16/17th September Venue: Hayling Island IRC’s (Regional Winner*)
- EPA Champions of Champions Doubles Final – 7th October – Oxshott PC, Surrey
- EPA Champion of Champions Triples Final – 8th October – Oxshott PC, Surrey
* Please Note: Only regional winner invited to C of C final
Regional Over 50’s Competition
- Regional Over 50’s Doubles – 2nd September 2017 – Nottingham City PC
- The EPA Over 50 Doubles Championship which is held every year will take place on the 23st September – Hanbury PC
- EPA Over 50’s Doubles Champion of Champions Final – 24th September – Hanbury PC
Represent England at the Home Nations Championships
The top eight teams at the Home Nations Qualifier go on to face Scotland, Wales and Jersey at the Championships.
- Home Nations Qualifier (Triples) – 7th May – Venue: Nottingham City PC
- Home Nations Championships – 12th & 13th August – Venue: TBC
Please ensure you wear matching kit and take your licences if you are intending to participate in national events and qualifiers. It is also important that you register on time.